March News - 2019
My essay, "Evolution of a Mother and Son," was published in Bella Grace Magazine for their issue 19 (March, April, May). It's a six page spread! No link available but back issues of the magazine will be available to order online if you don't get it while it's in stores.
February News - 2019
My "Reader Reflection" was published in Victoria Magazine. It's the final entry on the bottom of the page, available here.
November News - 2018
My essay, "Latina Awakens," published on the HerStories Project, available here.
June News - 2017
April News - 2017
My essay, "History in Our Hands," published in Chicken Soup for the Soul. Look for my story in their new release, "Inspiration for Teachers," out on April 18th!
April News - 2016
- Signed up for the SCBWI conference coming in May! I encourage all with an interest in writing or illustrating for children to sign up for your local chapter of the Society for Children's Book Writer's and Illustrators. This will be the first conference of theirs I've attended in a while, but these are always great!
February News - 2016
- My essay, "Healing Heartache," published in Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Very Good, Very Bad Cat."
- Started work on a youtube channel. I have a post or two, but I'll fill you in on the details when I have a better grasp of what I'm doing!
January News - 2016
- Story accepted by Chicken Soup for the Soul!! - My story will appear in their upcoming collection, "My Very Good, Very Bad Cat," which will be released in February. Stay tuned for more details.
- An exhibit of my book photography is officially on display through the end of February at the Georgetown Public Library!
- I became an official member of the Society for Children's Book Writers and Illustrators and will participate in the Austin, Texas chapter. It's been 10 years since I was a member and I'm so glad to be back. I'm already an active member of the Writer's League of Texas, so this is an additional and wonderful resource.
- The Apples and Spindles blog has a new home...obviously!
- Apples and Spindles is on Instagram!! Don't ask why it took so long, just start following me there.